FitLinks: Can Your Breath Predict Weight Gain?
A recent study from Cedars-Sinai claims that a breath test could tell you how susceptible you are to becoming obese. How? The test is a profile of the microorganisms living inside your gut; while generally the organisms living inside our digestive system benefit our health, the problem is when you have too much of one type that extracts nutrients from food more efficiently, contributing to weight gain. The preliminary studies show that those who have high concentrations of both hydrogen & methane gasses are more likely to have a higher body mass index, plus a higher percentage of body fat.
This week’s news includes more studies on both weight gain & genes and how much eating protein with breakfast effects what you eat for the rest of the day; we’ve also got some cool articles on the best channels to find fitness videos, a look at the fred of new boutique gyms popping up, and a video that shows how you can incorporate a little bit of March Madness into your workout.
Please Note: The articles and videos listed below are informative, popular, newsworthy, or a combination of all three. Just because we have included an article within FitLinks does not necessarily mean that BuiltLean supports, or agrees with its contents or views. If you have a question about our position on any article, please leave a comment and we will be happy to respond!
1. Can Your Breath Predict Weight Gain? (Greatist)
3. Could The Scent Of Olive Oil Aid In Weight Loss? (Fox News)
4. Childhood Body Weight Strongly Influenced By Genes (Medical News Today)
5. Protein Breakfasts Prevent Unhealthy Evening Snacking (Medical News Today)
1. 10 Best YouTube Channels For Free Fitness Videos (Mashable)
3. Fine For Being Fat? (Fox News)
4. Trader & Pro Swimmer Launch New Fitness Studio (Business Insider)
5. History Of Frozen Food (Infographic) (Greatist)
Here’s a video from CNN that, in the theme of a little March Madness, demonstrates how basketball can supplement cardio exercises:
FitLinks: Can Your Breath Predict Weight Gain?,