Loading Google search

Announcement: More Videos Are Coming Soon!

• Print Friendly and PDFPrint

Dear BuiltLean Customers & Friends,

It’s hard to believe it’s been over a year since I added a video to our BuiltLean Youtube Channel. Despite this fact, we are getting over 100K views per month, we have almost 2 million total views, and we have nearly 7K subscribers!

First, I want to apologize to you for not putting up more videos in the last year. I along with our team were so focused on creating useful daily articles for you Monday through Saturday that I simply didn’t make the time to do videos. It’s a shame because I really love making these videos as they are a fantastic way to connect with you and show you exercises as opposed to simply describing them.

Second, we are going to be putting up one video per week for the foreseeable future. It’s not easy, but our team is committed to making it happen. Kwesi and I are meeting up every Tuesday to create more videos for you. It’s a weekly commitment so there are no excuses.

Third, your participation is what makes BuiltLean possible. Without you, BuiltLean wouldn’t exist. I want to learn more about you; your fitness goals, what videos you want me to add, what you care about most regarding your health and well being. The more you tell me, the more our team can help you.

Thank you again for being a BuiltLean fan, I couldn’t be more proud and I hope that we meet your expectations and can help you achieve the lean, strong, fit body you desire.

Best,
Marc

GD Star Rating

Announcement: More Videos Are Coming Soon!, 5.0 out of 5 based on 1 rating

10 Responses to “Announcement: More Videos Are Coming Soon!”

1. Chris Sackinger
    July 24, 2013 at 5:40 pm #

Marc-

A few months ago I started to work out “again”. I was grossly overweight and needed a change. After a couple months of dieting and hitting the gym several pounds were lost, but the plateau was hit. Then after Googling “Sprint Training” one of your videos popped up. I tried the workout and was gassed. The following day all I could think of was how good I felt and how I wanted more. After looking at your website I saw some sample routines and read many articles until eventually I purchased your 8 week program.

3 weeks into the program I can say that the plateau has been busted. There are noticeable changes in weight and muscle tone. the next 5 weeks are going to be great. Thank you for the content that you have produced, and I cant wait to see what is next. Your program is coming highly recommended to all I see.

This change started with a video and I cant wait to see what you produce next. Keep up the good work!

-Chris

2. uncadonego
    July 24, 2013 at 10:03 pm #

Videos I’d like to see would show common mistakes in form you see with weight lifters, and then the best form, mentioning things we can concentrate on during each set to maintain the best form. Since I work out at home, I wonder whether I’ve been doing some things a bit off.

I’m excited about more videos. :D

3. Nick
    July 25, 2013 at 10:52 am #

I for one would be interested to see some having to do with muscle building. One topic I’m curious about is how to maximize muscle building hormones. How and when should you eat and not eat? What does the science say about the efficacy of supplements in this area? Thanks!

4. Dave
    July 25, 2013 at 11:57 am #

I’ll be here!

5. Carlos
    July 25, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

I would like to see videos on proper form – Unfortunately i hurted my elbows doing lying triceps extension while following the built lean program and i wasnt able to finish the program, i just have to wait a few weeks till my elbows feel better.
    Thanks for the hard work you and your team put on this website

6. Saule
    July 26, 2013 at 2:37 pm #

I also would like to see about mistakes most people do when performing a particular exercise. But in addition to showing how to correctly hold hands, torso, legs in separate video shots, I’d like to see the exercise performed correctly for a few seconds. E.g. your video of doing a correct push-up showed mistakes and corrections in separate segments, so you addressed each problem, but it would’ve been nice to see a set of 4-5 reps at the end how it’s really done. The correct squat video did it and I really appreciated. Speaking of squatting, you must be a tall guy because you said “always keep your knees behind your toes. How close to the toe line your knees get will depend on how tall you’re”. This was a very important piece of information to me that I didn’t know before and hadn’t heard from any trainer. I’ve been exercising for the past 2 years with DVD’s (Bob Harper, Jillian, etc.) and I was afraid that my form was incorrect. Thanks to you, I stopped worrying because I’m 5’8″/150 lbs, but my legs are longer than my torso, so it should explain that I try to ‘sit onto chair’ when squatting, but my knees were almost at toe line and if I leaned more backwards, my toes would rise up and lose my balance. So, thanks.
    I would be really interested in learning correct forms of different lunges and especially the side lunge.
    Quick question. Are jumping lunges really benficial to do in order to challenge yourself despite the correct form? I sometimes do them b/c they’re on DVD’s, but I always think afterwards that they might be the culprit of my future knee problems should I ever have them. Do I worry too much or is it a silly exercise that might do more damage than benefit in the long term?

Thanks

• July 30, 2013 at 1:18 pm #

Thanks for the feedback, Saule. If lunges cause you pain, then don’t do them. If they don’t cause you pain and feel fluid, then you can certainly do them. Lunges can be a valuable exercise because they are “single leg” meaning you must maintain balance and coordination as you lunge. It requires different muscles in your core, legs, and upper body working simultaneously. A squat is a double leg exercise and does not require this extra balance and stabalization. So yes, I think lunges can be a great exercise, it depends as you mention on your form. What I like to think about when lunging forward for example is lunge out in front of you, then drop your hips. Do not continue lunging your knee over your toed. Out and down.

7. Dana
    July 26, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

I would love to see future videos address fitness from a woman’s perspective. I think women in general often have different strengths, weaknesses, and goals as compared to men. Often, we need different modifications until more strength is built, especially for the upper body.

I really appreciate this site and visit often. Keep up the great work!