The following guidelines have been established by BuiltLean to govern various aspects of Advertising , which includes websites and mobile applications directed to consumers, referred to as the “BuiltLean Network”, or “BuiltLean Properties”. As used in this policy, the terms “Advertising” and “Advertisements” include third party banners, badges, contextual advertising, and sponsored content. The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements by BuiltLean, how Advertisements are displayed on the BuiltLean Network, and the removal of Advertisements. BuiltLean has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising within our Network. BuiltLean may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the applicable BuiltLean Property.
1. BuiltLean has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the BuiltLean Network, and under no circumstances will BuiltLean’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
2. BuiltLean will not accept Advertising that, in BuiltLean’s opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste.
3. There are certain categories of advertisements that BuiltLean will not permit on the BuiltLean Network at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
4. Advertisers must only offer products or services which are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser.
5. BuiltLean recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising and sponsored content and editorial content. All Advertising or sponsored content on the BuiltLean Network will be clearly and unambiguously identified. BuiltLean will not allow any Advertising on a BuiltLean Property that is not identified with the label of “Advertisement”, “Information from Industry,” “Sponsored” or some similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
6. A click on an Advertisement may only link the end user to the third-party advertiser’s site or to relevant sponsored content area on a BuiltLean Property.
7. BuiltLean retains the exclusive right to determine how any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on applicable BuiltLean Properties.
8. Third party (sponsor produced) content must adhere to this Advertising Policy.
9. BuiltLean reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the BuiltLean Network for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation following the rejection, cancellation, or removal. BuiltLean also reserves the right to approve the placement of the Advertising on the BuiltLean Network.
10. It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its Advertising within the BuiltLean Network (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such Advertising), including without limitation the current FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising. BuiltLean will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. However, BuiltLean reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if BuiltLean becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, BuiltLean may remove the Advertising from the BuiltLean Network.
11. No Advertising on the BuiltLean Network shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any other type of information collection software code or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of the BuiltLean Network unless expressly approved in writing by BuiltLean.
12. No Advertising will be allowed on the BuiltLean Network that could injure the good name or reputation of BuiltLean or any BuiltLean Property.