Comment Policy Update
As of 10/23/12, we decided to close all comments on articles older than 30 days, which will be active going forward. This was an extremely difficult decision for us to make that took many months of careful consideration, but we believe we will be able to best use our resources to create more great free content and useful paid products.
BuiltLean Comment Policy
Whether you are a passerby, BuiltLean newsletter subscriber, or customer, we encourage you to participate on our website. When you speak, we listen, and we try our best to answer all questions and respond all to comments.
We are VERY proud to have thousands of questions and comments across our website from visitors around the world and from our BuiltLean Team!
With that said, we require comments abide by the following, or they will be deleted:
- Stay focused – Comments should remain on the topic set by the original blog post, discussion question or other type of initial entry. Lengthy personal fitness questions that are not relevant to the article may deleted and should be posted to our BuiltLean Facebook Community instead.
- Be respectful – Personal attacks, profanity, and aggressive behavior are prohibited. We welcome criticism, but it must be constructive, not nasty, or disrespectful. Instigating arguments is also prohibited. No curse words, or derogatory statements.
- No spam – Repeated posting of identical or very similar content is prohibited – this includes posts aggressively promoting services or products. Please use your real name, first name, or initials when leaving comments. Your company name is not acceptable. Linking to your company, or product is also prohibited. Comments that are written in all capital letters will be deleted.
Before leaving a question, or comment, we recommend commenters:
- Download our free Get Lean Guide, which will answer most basic fitness questions, especially those that relate to fat loss.
- Use the BuiltLean search bar on the top corner of the site to search our article database.
Closing comments on articles
We close comments on articles after 30 days from the date the article is published. This is due to the number of comments and questions we receive across our hundreds of articles, which becomes unwieldy for us to moderate. If comments are closed on an article, we encourage visitors to continue the conversation on our BuiltLean Facebook Community page instead. If you notice a spelling error, or issue with an article, please use our contact form and let us know (choose the “Other” option in the dropdown menu for why you are contacting us).
Comments on BuiltLean.com are monitored daily by the following members of our team:
Here’s the comment policy in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on BuiltLean.com, you give Elite Training Partners LLC DBA BuiltLean (“BuiltLean”) the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. Users are by default considered non-medical professionals.
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Mayo in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
BuiltLean reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to leave comments upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify BuiltLean against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.Last modified: July 11, 2013