In the last couple years, I compiled what I believe are the top 10 fitness motivation quotes to help motivate you to exercise, eat well, and improve your health. I think they are very powerful and thought provoking, so I hope you enjoy them:
1) “The greatest discovery of my generation is that you can change your circumstances by changing your attitudes of mind”
2) “He who conquers others is strong, he who conquers himself is mighty”
3) “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference”
4) “That which holds the attention determines the action”
5) “Our life is what our thoughts make it”
When it comes to mastering our mindset, most of us harbor negative thoughts. In fact, most of our approximately 60,000-70,000 thoughts each day1 may be negative and the same as the previous day. It’s not by chance that half of the 10 quotes I chose relate to mastering your mindset. Your thoughts and your mindset determine your outward actions.
6) “Failing to plan is the plan to fail”
7) “If you don’t know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else”
-Laurence J Peter
Changing our bodies is very challenging, but with a well defined plan of action to follow, it becomes much more manageable.
8 ) “The real risk is doing NOTHING”
9) “We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it – but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor”
-Oliver Wendell Holmes
It’s so easy to flail in the wind, but you can take action right now to change how you look and feel.
10) “In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.”
I really love this last quote, because when I look at someone who has fallen off the proverbial wagon, I see a lean, confident, and energetic person just waiting to be revealed.
Wow, I LOVE these quotations! Reading over these quotes frequently can be a life changer. It’s so hard for me to choose a favorite quote, but I would have to go with Michelangelo, because it encapsulates what I do for a living.
Do you have a favorite quote either from this list, or another that has helped keep you motivated? If so, leave a comment below!