25 Food Substitutions To Cut Calories From Your Diet
If you are striving to get leaner, cutting calories out of your diet can certainly help. But sometimes it can seem like cutting out those extra few calories can become really tough without making you very hungry.
Cutting calories can be made easier, especially if you use some of the food substitution suggestions we compiled from our contributing experts.
Simple food substitutions can cut your calorie intake substantially depending on the foods you are currently eating.
Check out the list below for 25 ideas to consider:
- Greek yogurt vs. Sour cream
- Mustard vs. Mayo
- Lettuce leaf vs. Bread
- Mashed root veggies vs. Mashed potatoes
- Nut butters vs. Cream cheese
- Pureed fruit vs. Maple syrup
- Whole orange vs. Orange juice
- Frozen banana vs. Ice cream
- Coconut oil vs. Butter
- Chia seeds vs. Eggs (1tbsp chia with 1 cup of water = 1 egg)
- White meat chicken vs. Dark meat chicken
- Bison vs. Beef
- Ground turkey vs. ground beef
- Soda water vs. Tonic water
- Steamed broccoli vs. Pan-fried broccoli
- Wheat wrap vs. Bread
- Cocao Nibs vs. Chocolate chips
- Almond flour vs. White, or wheat flour
- Strawberries vs. Cake
- Nutritional yeast vs. Cheese
- 70%+ Dark chocolate vs. Milk chocolate
- Cauliflower rice vs. White rice
- Veggie sushi vs. Fried Fish
- Iced green tea vs. Fruit juice
- Apple sauce vs. Butter in baking recipes
Hope you enjoy trying some of the options on this list – let us know how it goes if you make any of these substitutions…or if you find your own.
FREE BODY ASSESSMENT
Learn How To Get A Lean & Strong (Not Bulky) Body