Today is the first official day of Spring in the northern hemisphere, so doing a 3-day reboot may be a great way to refresh your mind & body.
This reboot can also be very useful whenever you feel perplexed, anxious, lack confidence, worn out, or down in the dumps.
Some of these habits may be completely new or different from what you’re doing now, and that’s the point. This is a system reboot.
- Defrag the brain
- Reduce body tension
- Connect to your spirit
- No porn
- No masturbation
- No alcohol
- No snacks
- No social media
- No mobile / desktop notifications
- Wake up by 8am or earlier
- 10-minutes of stretching / mobility
- Drink 5 glasses (60+ ounces) of water
- Eat only unprocessed foods (80%+)
- Affirmation x 3
- “Now I am the voice, I will lead, not follow, I will believe, not doubt, I will create not destroy, I am a force for good, I am a leader, defy the odds, set a new standard, step up” (from Tony Robbins)
7:00am Wake Up
7:00am-7:45am Morning Routine
- Cold Shower
- Get Ready / Personal Hygiene
- Mobility Routine
- Hyperhydration (1-2 glasses of water)
7:45am Breakfast (Shake)
1:00pm Lunch (Eggs & Veggies)
6:00pm Dinner (Chicken Salad With Sweet Potato)
1. What happens if I mess up within the 3-days?
It’s ok, just do your best.
2. Can I do this for 7-days or even 30-days?
Of course! The basics of this reboot (i.e. unprocessed foods) are how humans lived for thousands of years. Be mindful of cultural evolution vs. biological dysevolution. The idea is to keep your evolutionary biology firing on all cylinders. You are a walking and talking supercomputer.
3. Can I do regular exercise like strength training, yoga, or cardio?
Yes, but just make sure not to push yourself past exhaustion or to failure. By the end of your session, you will feel stronger, more conditioned, and more flexible then when you started. Rebuild yourself vs. tear yourself down.
4. I don’t like eating 3 meals a day. I prefer 2, can that still work?
Of course, just eat unprocessed foods. No snacks. I gave you some examples on the sample day for meals you can eat.
5. I use social media all the time to message friends. How do I stay in touch with them?
Create a post that you’ll be off social media for a few days to give your friends a heads up. If they want to reach out, they can call/text you.
For the overachievers out there, you can consider making this reboot more challenging:
- Add a 30-second cold shower
- Do 10-20 minutes of meditation
- No coffee. I almost included this but realized the caffeine withdrawal symptoms may negate all the other positives you will experience. Something to consider.
- Pay special attention to your personal hygiene: brush your teeth, your hair, trim your nails, etc.
- Wear clean clothes that make you feel good about yourself. Wear nicer clothes rather than a crumpled T-shirt, which directly affects your thoughts / actions / self-image.
- Take plenty of time with mobility. Consider 30-60 minutes a day. Breathe deeply.
- Clean & organize your environment for 1-hour a day (physical & digital)