Looking for ways to quiet your cravings for your favorite ice cream treats during this hot summer season?
When you’re trying to stay healthy, the challenge is that many popular ice cream bars contain startling amounts of added sugars along with an endless list of unfamiliar ingredients.
Turn down the ice cream truck this summer by creating your own wholesome and delicious treats with this frozen banana pops recipe.
Bananas make a perfect ice cream substitute, taking on a rich and creamy consistency when frozen. Using a Greek yogurt shell provides sweet, tangy flavor that compliments the fruit while granola gives your pops a satisfying nutty crunch.
- ½ of medium-size Banana
- 2-3 tablespoons of vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ or less of all natural, whole grain Granola mix
- 1 wooden chopstick, or kabob skewer
Buying the right granola can be tricky: many products on the market are loaded with sugar that can turn your healthy snack into the total opposite!
Look for granola that contains 5 grams of sugar or less & is less than 150 calories per serving. You can also try swapping out the granola topping for other healthy options like shredded coconut, nuts, or finely chopped fresh or dried fruit. Be creative!
1. Place half of a peeled banana on the wooden stick
2. Using a spoon, take scoops of the Greek yogurt and coat the banana. Be generous! The thicker the layer, the more easily the topping will adhere to the banana
3. Roll the yogurt-coated banana in the granola topping. Lightly press the topping into the yogurt to get a good stick
4. Freeze overnight for a cool and refreshing summer treat!
Hope you enjoy it!